3 Dec 2013

Crushed stone walkway


My client was putting her home up for sale but felt that the paved area outside one of the bedrooms was looking unfinished and wanted a pathway and surround added to finish it off.
This took me a day, but there was the small matter of getting a cubic meter of stones to the site...




I used a weed mat cloth to prevent the grass growing through the stones later ( In New Zealand everything grows like mad!) as I had no time to spray the grass with a weed killer. The ground was sloping so the path needed to be quite deep to het a decent flat finish, so this path used up 1. 5 tons of stone!  It was 13 m long.

2 comments:

  1. I would ask for my money back if I hired you and let everyone know what an awful contractor you are. That looks worse than before you started... Which was also terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what my Client asked me to build, so what if you don't like their taste! Everything was technically sound, it will last for years and provide dry clean access to the back door. It has a mowing edge, and its straight and tidy and level, and matches the building's character. It came in under budget too! What makes me 'an awful ' contractor exactly?

      Delete